Friday, February 13, 2009

Coincidence or Communication?

Today as I walked from Muddy Waters Café to Laurelhurst park I greeted a scruffy old crow who I think might have been the group elder balancing on a wire and keeping watch for her peoples. A block further just as I was about to cross the street and enter the main west entrance to Laurelhurst Park a crow landed in a tree right over my head and dropped something into the decaying leaves right in front of me. I picked it up and it was a peanut, raw and unsalted just like the ones out of which I made Legba's veve as a gift to the crow folk. Crows are smart birds, among the smartest. I don't think it was an accident. For all I know it might have been one of the peanuts I left for them in the Arboretum. It's a short flight from there to Laurelhurst as the crow flies so it could have been. That was wyrd. I guess I got a Valentine from the crows.

x-posted to UrBlog.

No comments: