Thursday, March 12, 2009

What you are doing at noon on Friday , March 13th, 2009


Dear Friends: Happy Friday the 13th! As part of my residency, I'll be donning a hockey mask and jumping out at people from the western underbelly of the Hawthorne Bridge with a real machete in my actual hand! I'll have raw beef and peeled grapes on-hand to add to the effect and totally gross everybody out! Ketchup? Chocolate syrup filmed in black & white, then projected onto the walls and floor? I'll also be wearing a blood-stained flannel, and what parts of my bald head you'll be able to see will be covered in hideous, realistic scars! I think this is going to be a really strong community-building event, and I hope you all can make it! Also I hope that it's warm and sunny out and that a lot of kids will be playing in those cool fountains! Also I hope the police come to cheer me on with their winning grins and people skills!

Okay, but for reals...

I really will be doing another installment of my boring old residency where I give people stamped postcards, ask them to write to someone (some two?) and then let me interview them for a few minutes. (I would do the Jason thing, but I already have warrants out, and the last thing I need is more jail time, especially with finals week AND swimsuit season just around the proverbial corner.) 

Repost Galore: 
The place: the amphitheater staircase that leads down to the regular docking place of the Portland Spirit boat in the Willamette River. This is right by the fountain area where kids and grownup kids alike tend to play on warmer summer days when the air is just so. This is north of the Hawthorne Bridge on the west side of the river. Some call this place Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Others call it nothing at all. Others call it home. Some know this place so well they just call it Tom.

Noon-2pm Friday, March 13th, 2009
Postcards, pens, and stamps provided.

BYOBelievability

Love & Lemurians,
R o z z e l l
M e d i n a 

No comments: